The Careers Service is aware that this is a worrying time for those of you who are applying for summer internships and graduate jobs in the UK and Internationally. The situation is changing rapidly at the moment but we will keep you updated on developments via our website and social media channels. Our advice is to keep applying but check the latest updates from employers via their social media channels to find out if the vacancy that you are interested in is still live. If in doubt get in touch with the employer to ask.
Like you, the Careers Service team is working from home, however we are here to support you:
- CV/application/cover letter checks by Zoom or email. Book online or by email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Careers guidance and practice interview appointments by Zoom. Book by email : email@example.com
- Careerhub vacancy portal
- Online Careers Toolkit including career assessment tools, online psychometric tests, careers e-learning hub and online practice interview simulator
- Careers Service website resources
- Virtual events and webinars continue to be advertised on our Events Calendar
Please note Any advice provided by the Careers Service website regarding applying for jobs, recruitment and the labour market etc. will be affected by the COVID-19 crisis
Regular expert updates on the graduate labour market are available via Prospects Luminate
- Next Step Support provides additional support to students regarding employment in light of COVID-19. It offers content and tools from various trusted sources including hiring updates, webinars and virtual events from employers. You can register for alerts and ask to be connected back to your Careers service, where appropriate.
- For help and information about the labour market outside the UK, GoinGlobal carries COVID-19 global employment briefings and job search advice
- Prospects: Their Your career and COVID-19 page provides advice for students preparing for and applying for jobs during the pandemic. It includes tips on increasing your online presence and preparing for phone interviews.
- Internship Experience UK Organised by Bright Network, this is a programme of virtual internships for students and graduates, across a range of careers.
- TARGETjobs has prepared a Student's guide to virtual internships